Zorb Sheets: Innovative Solutions for Safe Infectious Substance or Hazardous Materials Handling.
When it comes to handling and shipping infectious substances or hazardous materials, compliance is key. Ensuring the safety of both your employees and the environment is a top priority. But what if you could achieve compliance without the hassle of bulky absorbent sheets and materials that take up valuable space in your warehouse or shipping containers? Enter Zorb Sheets, the innovative absorbent sheet solution from Safetec of America.
The Thin Yet Mighty Zorb Sheets
Imagine having an absorbent product that doesn’t require heaps of storage space yet performs exceptionally well. That’s exactly what Zorb Sheets bring to the table. While many traditional absorbent products are thick and cumbersome, Zorb Sheets are tissue-thin absorbent sheets, making them incredibly versatile and easy to store when not in use.
How Do Zorb Sheets Work?
You might be wondering how a tissue-thin absorbent sheet can effectively absorb liquids, and the secret lies in the super-absorbent polymers within the Zorb Sheets. These polymers have the remarkable ability to solidify and transform liquid contents into a semi-solid gel mass. This gel locks in the absorbed fluids and prevents drips and spills, even under pressure. So, you can say goodbye to messy cleanups and liquid leaks across your warehouse, construction site, or during transport, and hello to staying in compliance.
Versatility Across Industries
Zorb Sheets are incredibly versatile and find applications in various industries. Here are some of the sectors where they excel:
- Healthcare: Perfect for healthcare settings, where they can be used with triple packaging systems, sharps containers, red bags, collection bags, and kick buckets.
- Laboratories: Labs benefit from them as they help contain spills and prevent contamination, ensuring a safe and clean workspace.
- Shipping Facilities: Aid in complying with packaging regulations, especially for the safe shipment of infectious substances or dangerous goods.
- Tattoo Shops: They are invaluable for containing ink and maintaining a clean working environment.
Two types of Zorb: AS & SS Sheets
Zorb Sheets come in two main types: Zorb AS (Air Laid) and Zorb SS (Singular Laid). The super absorbent polymer in SS sheets is pressed into a single sheet, providing efficient absorbency. On the other hand, AS sheets feature the super absorbent polymer pressed between two sheets, offering enhanced absorbency and even more effective containment.
Helping You Meet DOT CFR49 and UN3373 Compliance
The Department of Transportation (DOT) CFR49, or Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations, is a set of regulations in the United States that govern the transportation of hazardous materials. These regulations are designed to ensure the safe and secure transport of materials that can pose risks to health, safety, and the environment. Compliance with DOT CFR49 is vital for anyone involved in the shipping, handling, or transportation of hazardous materials, including infectious substances and dangerous goods.
Here’s how Zorb Sheets contribute to DOT CFR49 Compliance:
- Spill Containment: Zorb Sheets are highly effective at containing and solidifying liquid spills, including hazardous substances and infectious materials. This containment prevents leaks, drips, or spills during transportation, reducing the risk of exposure and contamination.
- Packaging Regulations: DOT CFR49 outlines specific packaging requirements for the transport of hazardous materials. Using Zorb Sheets as part of the packaging helps meet these requirements by providing an additional layer of protection and containment.
- Safety Assurance: By incorporating Zorb Sheets into your infectious substances and hazardous materials handling procedures, you enhance safety for both personnel and the environment. Compliance with DOT CFR49 ensures that you’re taking the necessary precautions to prevent accidents and spills during transport.
UN3373 is a specific regulation within the United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods. It pertains to the transportation of diagnostic specimens and infectious substances. Compliance with UN3373 is crucial when shipping materials that may contain pathogens or infectious agents, as improper handling can pose significant health risks.
Here’s how Zorb Sheets contribute to UN3373 Compliance:
- Biohazardous Materials: Zorb Sheets are particularly useful when dealing with biohazardous materials, as they efficiently absorb and solidify spills, turning them into a gel-like substance. This transformation prevents the leakage of infectious substances during transportation.
- Secondary Packaging: UN3373 regulations often require secondary packaging for diagnostic specimens and infectious substances. Zorb Sheets can be used as part of this secondary packaging to provide an added layer of protection and containment.
- Reduced Risk: Compliance with UN3373 ensures that shipments of infectious substances are handled with the utmost care and consideration for public safety. Zorb Sheets aid in meeting these compliance requirements by reducing the risk of spillage and contamination.
Zorb Sheets play a crucial role in compliance with DOT CFR49 and UN3373 regulations by enhancing spill containment and ensuring the safe transport of hazardous materials, including infectious substances and dangerous goods. By incorporating Zorb Sheets into your hazardous materials handling procedures, you meet regulatory requirements and prioritize safety and environmental protection.
Ready to Get Started?
When it comes to effective spill containment and compliance, choose Zorb Sheets as your solution. Contact a Safetec Account Manager today to discuss how Zorb Sheets could benefit your facility. For more information, visit www.safetec.com or call (800) 456-7077.