Safetec believes a better understanding of our prepress and printing processes reduces the need for expensive changes at the prepress stage. This rework is sometimes large enough that the original design intent is lost. Below are the general artwork guidelines, specifications and minimum requirements to help you provide a design with properly formatted files for a seamless transition to press with little to no intervention, thus maintaining the package’s original design intent, and keeping delivery times to a minimum.
• All type must be converted to paths (outlined).
• Copy should be vector (paths), not raster (photo).
• Minimum type size: 6 point
• Images should be in CMYK mode, at least 300dpi and placed 100% of size, linked, not embedded.
• All linked images must be included with art submission.
• Avoid copy or type in images.
• All colors need to be 100% of the specified PMS color for spot colors, or in CMYK 4-color process.